Wednesday 23 March 2016

Tokyo Treat- Japanese Candy and Snack Box!

Tokyo Treat is a Japanese candy and snack monthly subscription box that comes straight from the heart of Tokyo and is packed full of the some of the cutest and most delicious Japanese treats! They offer 3 different sizes; small, regular and premium so no matter what your budget you can still have a taste of Tokyo, on top of their great prices they offer free worldwide shipping too! Each month they have one collection of candy and snacks but depending on what size box you get determines how many treats and which ones you get! The small box contains 5-7 snacks, perfect for trying it out if you are a new subscriber, the regular box contains 8-12 snacks including everything in the small box plus some more goodies and the premium box, the best of them all, contains 13 to 17 treats, everything from both the small and regular boxes plus some really great extras like DIY candy kit, a drink, a bonus snack and a special item.
I was really excited to receive the premium box, I couldn't believe how full the box was when it arrived! I think I was really lucky this month because lots of things were pink and strawberry flavoured, my favourite, so I couldn't wait to try some of these cute tasty treats! I love how pretty all the packaging is, it was almost too pretty to open! I decided to get my brother to help me taste some of these because I wanted a second opinion and it was just really funny trying some things we had no idea what they were, it does come with a little menu in the box but it didn't fully tell us everything so some of them were a surprise! I won't talk about every single treat or this post would be super long, but I will talk about some of my favourites or not so favourites!



Hello Kitty Strawberry Biscuit Sticks and I Want To Gobble Up Strawberry Chocolate Fish Shaped Snack- These were definitely two of my favourites the biscuit sticks were very similar to Pocky sticks I've had before, light crunchy sweet biscuit covered in sweet strawberry chocolate, a perfectly delicate treat in the cutest package. The pink fish is a strawberry wafer filled with strawberry bubbly chocolate, it was so light and airy but so yummy!


DIY Candy Kit and Alforts Mini Blonde Chocolate Topped Biscuits- The DIY kit was slightly disappointing, I've seen lots where you have to mix things up to make something, this one is just candy fondant that you roll and press into different shapes, still so cute and fun though! The blonde chocolate biscuits were absolutely delicious though, they biscuit base was really soft and buttery and the white chocolate on top was so yummy, it isn't like plain white chocolate it has lots of delicious flavour, it's very similar to Caramac chocolate you can get in the UK and I loved these!!


Melon Cream Soda and Strawberry Cotton Candy- I was really excited to try the cream soda, but I didn't really like it, it tasted like artificial melon flavour, it was just too sweet and candy tasting but I loved the cute little can it came in! If the melon soda wasn't sweet enough then the strawberry cotton candy is, very delicious but very sugary and sweet, perfect in little amounts, it's so light and fluffy!






No comments:

Post a Comment