Wednesday 17 June 2015

Freshly Washed Brushes!

I know that I am one of those people who can be really bad at regularly washing my brushes and I know there are lots of other people who are bad at doing it regularly too but I also know that there are people out there who religiously wash their brushes and those people are ever constant reminders to me that I NEED to wash my brushes more often! It is really important to keep them clean so that your skin stays clean and healthy, using brushes that have old makeup on them is really bad for your skin and very unhealthy! It is also really important to keep them clean because they can carry germs and bacteria which isn't good for your skin at all!

I start my brush washing off by filling up a sink with warm water, adding a few drops of soap and soaking my brushes in it, I use 'Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash' to was my brushes, I just find that it is really gentle on my brushes but gives a good deep clean! I then take my brush and put a few drops of soap in the bristles and swirl it around in the palm of my hand, i'm usually quite rough when I do this because good quality brushes can handle it and it gets them really clean because, just like on a paint brush, all the makeup builds up at the base of the brush and can be hard to clean out. I normally use powder foundation and I find that it clogs up my brush really quickly if I don't clean them and it gets really gross! After rinsing the soap from the brush under running water I then shake them like crazy and rough dry them with a towel and as silly as it sounds I do blow dry my brushes quickly to stop them being damp and smelling bad, trust me it really works!! I then just leave them to dry completely which means a happy face now! 





No comments:

Post a Comment